Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh, ye of little faith!

This week I've been reading about the Israelites and their cry out to God for a king so they could be like all the other peoples. Every time I read about them the first thought I have is, "what are you doing?! Can't you see He loves you and nothing else will fulfill you?" Two seconds later I realize that I am no better. How often I find myself longing for things other than Him...I KNOW they won't fulfill me like He does, but it still happens.

Why is it so hard? I seek Him; I want Him to be my lifesource. Why is it so difficult to wait on God's timing? Why do we want things that other people have?

Deuteronomy 7:9
"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations..."

No comments:

Post a Comment